Friday, July 20, 2007

My father is an amazing man.

vmj = Victoria McCanse Jones = My Mama (who is spending 3 weeks taking care of the bird room in the basement by herself)
bj = Bill Jones = My Father (who is spending 3 weeks in Ethiopia)

Remind me of your father's huge heart (see attached) whenever I get frustrated with the mess in the bird room!
He's a good man.
Take care. I love you both.
Mom

Attached...

vmj: I am back in Mekele been to yecihila, and have left. Kidane is a bit difficult to work with regarding the 501c3, but i think we will work it out. findhing the right people here and getting the # are my concerns. hopefullyisaac's father and isaac will agree to help. Kidane wants someone from the village, but they are illeterate. today i bought beds, mattresses, sheets and pillows. kidane will be here tomorrow o help purchases kitchen stuff. the building is good, but too big and too many rooms. not sure how that is going to be worked out. not too many students the first year. I have been to an ethiopian prison and it made me cry. david the boy from yecila was sent there for stealing. isaac and i visited him and it was the most heartbreaking experience i have had. to see a 14 year old boy crawl out hole in wall will live me for a long time. I gave money to the prison so that he could get a new trial and am sending him clothes and a blanket. he was in rags. he cried when he saw us. he burned kidane and she does not like him, but i told her ihe has a room in the building mistake or no mistake. i have some people that will check on him as he may hav a year or more left. did what i thought was right, but know that it may not workout for him. can only try. hope that all is well at home and will look forward to returning. I have lost weight as i have been living on tea and bread as much as i can. here in mekele i eat pasta often. will fly back to addis on tusday. the bus rides have generally been good. some of the road from addis to mekele slid off the mountain because of the rains. fortunately it was after my trip. take care and love, bj

1 comment:

Mommy P said...

I love poppa Jones! Alexa, your dad really is an amazing man. And also a man who used to watch Priscella Queen of the Desert and Pride and Prejudice with us. Way to go Poppa Jones...you are a man who makes a real difference in the world.