Monday, April 23, 2007

I had a dream too, Martin Luther King Jr.

Saturday morning, I woke up at 9:30am with a pounding head-ache and a monster case of cottonmouth. So I chugged a glass of water and fell back asleep for three hours.

I awoke again at 12:30pm: sweaty and dazed but no headache. My thirst still very very quenched.

I sat up and it all came rushing back to me...

I had had a Bruce Springsteen dream!!!!



Glory Glory Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to go hear Bruce speak in this classroom of this high school (that looked an awful lot like Jefferson Elementary on Hennepin.) I got there really early (naturally), sat down in one of those little desks & Bruce entered the room.

"Hi Bruce," I said.
"Hi," he said.

I knew that I couldn't say anything else or I'd make a complete dumbass out of myself. In the dream, I thought of the Chuck Klosterman nightmare.

He then looked at me intensely and said, "You look really good in green."

My stomach dropped, in that wonderful way, and I blushed.

Then, Bruce set up this fort out of cardboard boxes and started shoveling pans of quiche into his mouth with his hands. All of sudden, Rainn Wilson from The Office appeared and the two men had a sit-up competition on either side of a cardboard box. Bruce won (he is 100% stallion, after all.)

It got crowded in the classroom. These two Abercrombie & Fitch bitches tried to make me move and then told me my make-up was garish. This embarrassed me and I tried to feverishly rub it off my eyelids. They finally left and this crazy lady came in looking for her apple.

That was it. That was the dream. It's surprising I didn't wake up with my pants off cause it had been about four years since my last Bruce Springsteen dream (one where I was photographing him doing these "sexy superhero poses" on a rooftop in the twilight) and Jonesie is feeling awwwwwwwfully frisky (springtime...WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!) Thank you Stook! for having your birthday and forcing me to obsess about the awesomeness of Bruce versus the less than but still awesomeness of Gary. Thank you Jim (forever) for the Hoot. Thank you The Department Store for forcing me to flee from the fire into the eternal sunshine of smoke filled cars, dance filled bars and new friends.

It was one hell of a dream.

3 comments:

Sgt. Misty Peppers said...

There was a fire at your department store?

Brianna said...

hotness.

Anonymous said...

he shoveled quiche? How manly.

~Tab