Thursday, July 24, 2008

There's a new member of the Jones family...

My parents have been on the edge of buying a new puppy as a friend for Fanny and further amusement for them...until now. Last week I got this email from my mother...

Subj: Because your dad is certifiable

Body: since he bought this piglet (see below). The little pig thinks that Fanny is her mother, and tries to suckle the terrified rat terrier. There is never a dull moment in this house.




They asked my what they should name it. I said Winston if it's a boy and Lucy if it's a girl. Lucy, it is. My parents can't shut up about Lucy and I love asking about her. According to reports from my mom and dad, apparently Lucy:

a) Loves to play fight with Fanny, who has warmed up to the piglet. Fanny is obviously bigger so has the upper hand (paw/hoof.) For now. Just give it a few months you holy adorable terror (haha...terror sounds like terrier...haha. WORDPLAY! Haha, I'm lame.)
b) Is more potty trained than Fanny. Lucy will go outside immediately. My parents were very proud of that.
c) Loves to root around in blankets/hay and burrow her little heart out. Even more so than the beloved rat terrier.
d) Will follow behind my dad, trying with all her might to keep up, as he walks Fanny up and down the hill.
e) Has become a inside/outside pig. She sleeps in a crate in the basement. They're hoping she's a pot-belly but I don't think it really matters.
f) Will be bestest friends forever and ever with Fanny, holy adorable terrior.






Fanny and Lucy's friendship is DEFINITELY a children's story waiting to happen. Like...they've met, developed an immediate connection. They've become best friends, even though their differences are unique and vast. Fanny, the wild beast, will be ostracized from the family after causing too much destruction. In an attempt to separate them, my father will starting wielding animated shotguns. Though Fanny & Lucy love each other and want to remain bestest friends for all of enternity, their differences ultimately tear them apart and they sing a heart breaking ditty that has tears streaming from a 27 year old girl's face.

Rahrrahrrahrr-ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, quoteth Lucy.

Hey Mama, I know I act a fool but, I promise you I'm goin back to school, quoteth Fanny.

Then Fanny will indeed go back to school, join a sorority, earn a law degree from Harvard and show all of us that we completed underestimated her.

FANNY POWER!

4 comments:

Mommy P said...

I miss your house and all it's crazy animals so much!
You know, they kinda look alike too...

Alexa said...

I thought they looked alike too!!! I wish I could be around those crazy animals right now. I wish I was home. And getting ready to come over to your house to watch Anne of Green Gables and make shrinky dinks!

I think my head will explode with cuteness once I see those two together in real life!

TKB said...

holy crap, I want a piglet. Do you think Scott would let me get one?

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I wanna meet Fanny and Lucy soooo badly!!!

Can your mom take them to Boston with her??? PUHLEEEEEASSEE???!?!??!!!

'Cuz they're the best of friends...!!!

aww. :)