Monday, February 25, 2008

Calling Twin Cities Bands: I Want YOU!

I'm starting a photography project with local bands that I'm super stoked about. Basically, I've spent the past year shooting live shows, and love it dearly, but I'm trying to dig deeper.

Here's the deal...

I love candid photography and am comfortable with it but I want (and need) more practice doing promo shots. I have always been interested in the intimacy of the rehearsal process (I spent 15 years in rehearsal as a now pretty much defunct theatre actor and director.) So the project is a series of rehearsal and promotional shots with local bands. If possible, I would love to come in during one of your rehearsals, photograph you and your band (or just you and your instrument...whatever is applicable) practicing for no more than an hour (and usually less than that) and then spend maybe 30-45 minutes doing promo shots around your rehearsal space...outside the building, in the car, in the grass, in the weird creepy attic, what have you. Rock'n'roll...hip hop...indie rock...punk...rockabilly...instrumental...I'm interested in a ton! It's cool if you rehearse in just a grungy room in a house or a studio space or whatever. I like the challenge. (Also, I'm dropping a bit of my tax refund on some new gear.)

Here's some examples with The Spaghetti Western String Co...












Click here for the rest of the photos from that shoot.

There would be no money involved in the initial session and you all could use the pictures for whatever you wanted (as long as I am always credited!) It's something that's really fun and beneficial for me and you all could get some shots out of it. Contact me at malexajones at gmail dot com if you are interested and we can hopefully make something work.

Seriously, I'm fun and respectful and quiet (during these shoots...outside of these shoots, I'm a uber enthusiastic banshee.) I swear!

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

xoxo,
Jones

No comments: