Sunday, May 20, 2007

Best Birthday Ever

It wasn't a rocking Marah concert like last year but...

My neck is killing me.
I have bruises on the back of my knees.
My whole body smells like chlorine.

It was a fucking PARTY!

I didn't sob.
I choked up over hoot love, lilacs, lullabyes and my radical/tubular/ridiculous/awesomeawesomeawesomeawesome friends.

I do believe I screamed "I just feel so fucking blessed" about twenty six times last night. At one point, I very drunkenly stood from my seat on the ground in the middle of a circle of my people chatting outside The Front and proclaimed, "I am LUCKY!"

As I was wandering from the thai dinner, as I was wandering from the hoot, as I was wandering from Whitey's, as I was stumbling from The Front, as I was sitting on the curb at 2:30am with the remaing party folks, as I was rambling and dancing and drinking...

Seriously, I must have done something really right to have these people in my life. Cause you know, I'm blessed and lucky.

I am surrounded by people who get it. And get me. And that makes me really happy.

And there were messages. So many messages from all my other friends that couldn't celebrate my birthday with me. And that means so much, too.

I was a responsible drinker who rode that fine line successfully. I was on the perfect edge of insanity and woke up, extremely sore from Jonesie's mad dancing SKILLZ (mad = erratic), with just a mild hangover and a bit of anxiety over the arrival of The Jones Family. Anxiety that was cooled as soon as I realized that my mom and sister and I were laughing hysterically in the hotel pool tonight. My sister and I were floating in my mom's arms, pretending to get baptized. As friends dangled their feet in the water, occasionally jumping in...the cold, the hot, the steam. My friend Genna, who had a shitty cold, baked me a cake from scratch that was decorated like a record. Which compliments the record player and records SO WELL! And I have more wiener dog paraphernalia...which takes the number of wiener items I own up to approximately 65! My father watched bad tv on the hotel bed until we all came up, continuing the small party by chatting about politics and butchering lambs. A few of my people met The Jones Family tonight. And now they REALLY understand why I am the way I am.

My Family

Missouri...Minnesota...everywhere.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Mommy P said...

YEAH! I'm glad you had such a good time. Happy Birthday Alexa! I was thinking about you and proceeded to get quite drunk to commemorate the day of your birth. Seriously I drank almost the entire bottle of wine - and you know I can't handle that!
Here's to you! A very lucky girl.