Monday, May 21, 2007

Dear Sweet God

YESTERDAY'S THOUGHTS

I'm sitting here in my apartment, all the lights are off and the screen door is open. I'm on my favorite mini couch, the one my body fits perfectly into and my legs dangle over the edge. Carmine, the 4 foot tall porcelain greyhound, has been moved to the other side of the living room. I no longer see his regal face peeking over the edge of the couch's arm. That makes me a little sad. I have spent the afternoon at Andrea & Mark's, listening to Led and watching Eddie Izzard. I'm still definitely a little fucked up. But I'm home now because I have a very limited time to get work done for the fringe show. I HAVE TO GET WORK DONE! It's my responsibility to create a very detailed frame for the sketch about forced exercise and body image.

So I youtube aerobic to try to set some movement for the piece and...

After weeding through all the blessed gospel dance aerobics, I find this:



What the fuck?!? Did the Milio's delivery guy slip acid into my turkey and guacomole sub?

And then...

AND THEN...

I disover THIS awe inspiring gem:



I'd have to stick squirrels down my underwear to make my cheeks move like that.

Get it right, get it tight, indeed.

2 comments:

GreenGal said...

ok. that poodle thing is the strangest thing I have ever seen. I spent a good five minutes just trying to figure it out. My brain hurts.

Anonymous said...

I...I can't understand the poodle thing....wha, why are her arms....are those things on her arms? She seriously did not have a normal childhood. Alexa, please promise me you won't actually try and make yourself LOOK like a wiener dog someday.

Yikes.

-taco