Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mama Needs a Medic

Remember this?

Friday: Work, Hootenany, Dance Band at the Hex
Saturday: Work, Bowling and Jigging and booze laced Shamrock shakes
Sunday: Work, Fringe rehearsal, P.O.S. at First Ave
Monday: Work, laundry (I'll finally wash my sheets, Mom!), block staged reading
Tuesday: Work, Cloud Cult at Electric Fetus, getting fucked up in the car, The Roots at First Ave
Wednesday: Sleep off a hang-over, Neil Diamond cover band with Taco
Thursday: Work, Staged Reading rehearsal
Friday: Work, Hootenany, some music somewhere
Saturday: Staged Reading rehearsal, revive my exhausted corpse with an hour of lit erotica and a bazillion gallons of that special Cliqout Club coffee drink
Sunday: Staged Reading rehearsal, Fringe rehearsal, James Hunter at The Fine Line
Monday: Staged Reading performance

Yeah...that would have been nice. Instead...

Friday: Work, Hootenany, Dance Band at the Hex
Saturday: Work, come home on my break to sleep in my bed for 15 minutes cause I was having trouble standing at work, sit sick and comotose on Genna and George's couch while the St. Patty's party happens around me
Sunday: Call in sick to work, sleep until 3:30, check email, drink Tussin, fall back asleep and have a dream that my boss found a card that I had given a coworker in which I wrote about what greasy a face my boss had (I NEVER HAVE WRITTEN A CARD LIKE THAT!)
Monday: Sleep until 2pm, do two loads of laundry, fall back asleep and have a dream that my grandpa is dying a slow death, wake up panicking, call in sick to work again, watch last weeks American Idol (Sanjyara must die), try to cast staged reading
Tuesday: Go to work, almost pass out at work, leave work after an hour, start crying in car and call mom, buy a Sprite 0 and an US Weekly, come home, drink more Tussin, and sleep for 5 hours, still try to cast staged reading, run to pick up Genna to see Cloud Cult at Electric Fetus and Roots at First Ave (HOLY FUCK...though I was standing completely sober and somewhat dead at the top by the bathrooms...had an amazing view of one of THE BEST SHOWS I HAVE SEEN AT FIRST AVE!)
Wednesday: Wake up at 1pm, realize staged reading isn't going to happen because I can't get the people on such short notice and change it to a seated reading, eat some Sudafed, drive to Genna's where I watch America's Next Top Model and Medium, come home, sleep
Thursday: Come hell or highwater I am working! I need the money so badly. If something happens and I can't paint faces up tomorrow, I may need to start giving other services for cash. I did get a friend request on MySpace from a 53 year old guy (resembling a fat Stephen King) who claims to be a "Medical Fetish," you know "playing doctor for erotic purpose." If he requests you as a friend, it's because he sees that "we have something in common or you are one of those hot goth chicks I love so much." (As I am definitely not goth, WHAT THE FUCK DO I HAVE IN COMMON WITH THIS GUY?)

Seriously, this has been awful. I haven't been this sick in a really really long time. I'm usually so active and I hate that I cannot do everything that I want to do. Or need to do. Maybe Doc Med Fed SickFuck will make a house call to make Jonesie all better.

Mama Jonesie's brain on Tussin and Sudafed...


Man...I fucking love that song. It was my first favorite Tom Petty.

After doing a mini booty dance on Genna's couch tonight, I realize I am feeling a bit more like myself.

I will leave on this note...this little "story" is familiar to some friends and not to others but I feel as if it MAYBE best reveals the inner workings of Jonesie. I will MAYBE regret revealing this to cyber world.

I have been known...in my long long ago past...to MAYBE venture into this war torn mental territory...

I MAYBE like to pretend that I am a sick, hot soldier and my hand and arm is a nurse. When I feed myself, especially soup, his mouth opens slightly and she lightly pours the bit of soup in, and maybe whispers words of healthy encouragement into his ear, all romantic like. I imagine that the sick, hot soldier and the nurse are falling madly in love with each other.

There MAYBE has been some soldier and nurse happening this week. I blame it on the meds.

2 comments:

Mommy P said...

Oh Alexa I love you!
And MAYBE admit to similar solider/nurse fantasies. MAYBE!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that you had a fever during these fantasies? No judgment of course...